- Saturday | 16th June 2018
- 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Radha Krishna Temple, Scholfield Street, Hathershaw, Oldham, OL8 1QJ
- 07504 828699 / 0161 2264416
- 10Staff members
Join us on Saturday Jun 16th from 2pm to 8pm for Non-Stop Kirtan, Soulful Music 7 Mantra Meditation.
- His Holiness Dayananda Swami
- Sakhya Ras Prema Das
- Supported by the ISKCON Manchester Kirtan Team
What is Kirtan?
Kirtan is the call-and-response form of chanting that typifies the Hare Krishna movement; it is the congregational singing of spiritually uplifting songs, prayers, or the sacred names of the Supreme Being. It is accompanied with traditional Indian instruments such as the mrdanga (drum) and kartalas (hand cymbals). Kirtan is the most powerful means of meditation to invoke the inner beauty of one’s own identity in relation to the Supreme spirit.
A free vegetarian feast will be served during the event.